Online Mobile Resume
To obtain an senior level position to promote and integrate the use of Knowledge Management (KM) capabilities into critical business processes.
Stefan is a well-established expert in the Knowledge Management profession. His hands-on expertise include knowledge transfer methodologies and processes, social media and networking for business, Portal-, content and document management systems, information architecture and taxonomy metadata, Knowlede metrics and reporting, workflow and knowledge delivery automation, stakeholder expectation and change management, besides other related Knowledge Management skills.
Endorsements from Stefan's public LinkedIn profile
Mason Holloway, Senior Director at Deltek
“Stefan is an exceptional thinker in the knowledge management space. His experience, insight, knowledge and ability to see and connect the complexities of the organizational knowledge landscape with the realities of the organization's people and”...
Stacy Goodman: Business Transformation Consultant
“I worked with Stefan as a consultant to one of his KM projects at PepsiCo. Stefan is an energetic thinker and innovator. I was constantly impressed with the many original KM solutions that he developed, for both PepsiCo and within his KM”...
Michael Escobar, Vice President Diversity and Organization Effectiveness at Allstate
“I have had an opportunity to work with Stefan on one of his engagements and found that he is a very talented individual who”...
Senior Associate for Knowledge Management at Government Contractor for International Development, 2011-present
Responsible for the organizations global Knowledge Management strategy.
● Worked with senior leadership to integrate Knowledge Management in company strategic plan and all business unit strategies, including implementation plans
● Successfully managed and deployed new Sharepoint 2013 Intranet implementation, including social networking and remote collaboration
● Established and operating large-scale, international Yammer network, including key business Communities of Practice
● Defined and operationalized governance, compliance, records retention and security policies and processes
Global Director for Knowledge Management at Invensys, 2010-2011
Responsible for the organizations global Knowledge Management strategy.
● Defined and executed a global Knowledge Management strategy for all regions and lines of business’ for Invensys (~10000 employees) with a focus on Operations, Support and Sales
● Built cross-functional stakeholder networks, executed adoption plan and managed business senior leadership and management relations
● Drove cost reductions and process standardization through establishing strategic communities of practices based on an industry-benchmarked process framework
● Positioned Knowledge Management as a value-add service to international clients
● Improved knowledge retention, learning and innovation capabilities (driving cultural change) through a global knowledge sharing program (incl. reward and recognition)
● Defined and established performance reporting with global Knowledge dashboard
Chief Knowledge Officer and CIO for the YMCA of the USA, 2008-2010
Responsible for the organizations Knowledge Management strategy.
● Defined and established a Knowledge Management strategy for the YMCA/USA
● Introduced Sharepoint and internal social networking to improve business process, as well as knowledge capture and re-use
● Lead a team of 27 resources to execute the Knowledge Management strategy
● Enabled IT to establish the technical infrastructure based on Sharepoint 2007 and create/integrate business solutions to support the Knowledge Management efforts
Senior Manager Knowledge Management, PepsiCo, 2006-2008
Responsible for the companies Knowledge Management strategy, governance, business requirements gathering and delivery of global Knowledge business solutions.
● Improved organizations market competitiveness by defining companies global knowledge management strategy and enabling critical sharing capabilities
● Sustained critical business investments by defining a Knowledge Management business framework (governance, process integration, metrics)
● Established Knowledge portal solutions for Research, Operations and Sales
● Ensured long-term success and sustainability by establishing cross-functional business committees to manage requirements, establish Knowledge Management responsibilities and support
● Drove senior leadership Knowledge Management buy-in, identified opportunities, positioned and executed large-scale business application of Knowledge Management capabilities in support of the business strategies of the PepsiCo family of companies
Senior Knowledge Management Consultant, Allstate Insurance, 2003-2006
Responsible for planning and managing a large-scale knowledge/content management solution, utilizing Knowledge Management to enhance functionality and sustainability.
● Achieved cost avoidance by creating opportunity proposals
● Successfully delivered large-scale Knowledge solution to 40.000 users within 7-figure budget and 12 month delivery time-frame
● Achieved cost avoidance by aligning the Knowledge Management strategic and tactical efforts of multiple cross-functional areas
● Managing project plans, project teams of 20+ resources and multiple schedules
● Establishing new Knowledge Management role into the organization
● Improved utilization of core knowledge assets through information mapping
● Reduced cost through standardizing and optimizing content and processes
Senior Knowledge Management Consultant, Allstate Insurance, 2002-2003
Defined Knowledge Management Strategy for a 2500 people organization. Working with senior leadership, functional areas and Finance to implement and manage Knowledge Management structure and value creation process. Provided direction and advice on Knowledge and Project Management to the organization.
Manager, Midas International, 2000-2002
Built the functional and technical bridge between the Business and IT. Provided direction on Knowledge Management, defined scope and alignment with business strategy with senior level executives and scope control. Defined and controlled project plans and change management.
Consultant, Precision Systems Concepts, 1999-2000
Improved operating efficiency by optimizing tools and procedures and providing Knowledge Management expertise.
Group leader and Senior Developer, System Software Associates, 1997-1999
Lead international team of developers and administrators. Improved stability, functionality and performance improvements of business-critical information solution, while supporting and migrating the production environment. Implemented Knowledge Management processes.
Consultant / Knowledge Management Specialist, Accenture, US, 1995-1997
Within the CIO department, managed projects to create Knowledge Management value-added solutions and strategies.
Consultant, Knowledge Management Specialist, Accenture, Germany, 1991-1995
Implemented Knowledge Management infrastructure for German consulting practice.
Diversity and Inclusion KM Conferences
Knowledge Mapping (APQC) Office Automation
MS Access Advanced App Dev Certified Yammer trainer
Certified Yammer community manager Certified Yammer administrator
Speaking Events and Affiliations
● AIIM Member 2013-present
● Knowledge Management Argentia 2009: Speech on 'KM in Non-for-profit organizations'
● Library Association 2008: Speech on 'Sustaining Knowledge Management efforts'
● KMChicago 2006: Speech on 'Trust as a component of Knowledge Management strategies'
● Member of Board of Directors of Knowledge Management Chicago (2000-2010)
● Guest speaker Northwestern-University Evanston and DePaul University Chicago
● Technical University Fulda, Germany; Computer Science, 4-year Degree 1991
Saved Friday, January 2nd, 2015 - 10:35 AM